Sunday, December 6, 2009

Giving it a go!

Well, this is my first blog, so welcome to you all! My focus for this blog is sharing a traditional way of raising a nontraditional family. I believe a lot of old fashioned family fun and time is very important. With both my husband and myself working, we came to the realization that creating family time had to be a priority.

Everything in moderation makes for a happy Mom and a happy family. In today's never ending rush, a lot of people forget to carve out time for those special family moments. What we pass on to our kids they will pass on to theirs. Making memories will help carry them on to being more than productive, it will encourage them to build strong family bonds with the people they are close to.

An important part of any family is time around the kitchen table. Time spent sharing meals lovingly prepared. Time spent talking and going over our day, playing cards, doing homework, working on crafts, all of these things, and so many more, happen around our kitchen table. I hope to provide some easy, inexpensive ways to help facilitate this for your family too.

One of my favorite book's is Mrs. Sharp's Traditions.I picked this fantastic book up on the clearance rack at a book store several years back for $3.97. I have used it for different occasions since then to the wonder and amazement of myself and family. I will share some of her ideas as we continue through this blog.

For now, welcome and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thank you for taking the time to leave one.