Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fantastic Fudge

To me, fudge is a staple of the holidays. Today I made my first two batches. Now normally I use the one on the back of the marshmallow cream jar. This year I wanted to try something different, so I started looking. I came across a recipe that really piqued my interest. It is FANTASTIC! I like that it has less sugar than traditional fudge. Be sure you only use 5 oz of milk! The big can is TOO much.

FANTASTIC FUDGE
1/2 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups white sugar
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
10 large marshmallows

Put the butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla into a bowl and set aside. I recommend a metal bowl as the first batch I did in a glass bowl set up really fast. Next mix the sugar, evaporated milk, and marshmallows in a large sauce pan. Put it over medium heat and stir until it boils. Reduce the temp and boil for 6 minutes stirring constantly. Pour the sugar mixture over the chocolate mixture and whip for about 2-3 minutes. Pour into a buttered 8X8 pan and let chill on the counter about 2 hours. The second batch we used peppermint extract and mixed in candy cane pieces. You could put nuts into the plain chocolate if you like.

This new recipe was a huge hit with my family! I hope your family enjoys it just as much.



1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love, HEART, love fudge! I will give this recipe a try and add some nuts.
    ......ok and not that I passed up your latest post, but the fudge caught my eye. YUMMERS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. Thank you for taking the time to leave one.